Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Baby's room and update

Well, I am not quite finished with the baby's room. But I am finished for now. Here are some pictures. This is the bedding that I choose. I got coordinating fabric and covered different sizes of Styrofoam circles to put some polka dots above the baby's bed. I got this idea from pottery barn over a year ago. These are hung from the ceiling in the corner above the rocking chair. The brown one is rolled silk flowers, and even thought it is the smallest it took me the longest to do. The white one took a long time too, because a glued a rhinestone to the center of each flower.
I still need to put another coat of paint on this frame. When we decide what to name the baby, her initial will go in the middle of the frame. It will be aqua blue with brown polka dot ribbon tying it to the frame.
This is just an overview shot of the hanging flower balls. I also made some coordinating pillows for the rocking chair and the curtains. It was hard to get a good picture of the curtains. They were my Mom's idea, we saw something like it at a baby store. As always, making things without a pattern can be challenging.
Here is a close up view of the curtains. I wanted you to see the bead trim that is sewn all along the bottom.
All of the baby's stuff is washed and ready to go. And as you can see in previous pictures, our bags are packed and ready to go. I also covered some boxes like in Avery's room for the baby's toys. I have a lamp for the dresser that I still need to paint and find a new shade for, but I am to the point that I don't feel like doing it. Avery loves to go in the baby's room. If I can't find her, she is in there. And often I find a doll or two asleep in the crib.

I am still feeling pretty good, just tired. My mom and Sister in law Kami came over on Saturday and helped me deep clean my house. Thank you so much, your the best. I am still dilated to a 4 and 80 % effaced. The Doctor did not think I would make it this long, but here I am. The plan is to induce me on Friday if I don't go sooner. I am planning on making it until Friday. We will keep everyone updated. Have a good day!

3 comments:

Jason and McCall Erickson said...

So Cute!! I am ready to meet this little girl! Let me know if you need any help with babysitting avery for a while.

Craig and Sharelle said...

Yea! I just can't wait to see her! As always, you've done an amazing job with the room. I LOVE it! And that is just adorable about Avery. She will be such a good helper! By the way, is she potty trained yet? If so, I would greatly appreciate any pointers...we have had no success thus far!

Michelle said...

Kami passed on the great news that you had your baby girl! Congratulations! Can't wait to see her! Her room is adorable! You are so crafty and do such amazing work!