Thursday, January 8, 2009
So Exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Avery had her year appointment with the allergist today. I was anxious because getting her blood drawn was so traumatic (for both of us). She did great though. The Doctor even commented that she wrote "adorable" in her report. (I know I am biased, but I agree) Anyways she had a RAST blood test last Friday and they did the skin test today. She is not allergic to soy (yeah for birthday cake) and she also has no allergies to peanuts or nuts. But we will still avoid them for now to prevent any new allergy development. The best news is that her reactions to dairy and egg whites were minimal. I mean very minimal. Her blood levels where right on the cut off of normal!!!!!! Plus they had just changed the ranges so a couple of months ago she would have been considered negative. This is a huge improvement from 8 months ago. The Doctor is confident that she will outgrow her allergies soon. In fact, they usually don't even consider retesting until age 2, but since she is so close, they are going to retest in 6 months. I am so excited for Avery, she might be enjoying milk and eggs by the end of the summer. YEAH! I feel so blessed. I am so grateful to Our loving Heavenly Father who answers prayers. I just wanted to share our exciting news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so exciting!! I am so happy that Avery will be able to have birthday cake for her birthday! I couldn't think of one thing you could give her instead.. haha I am very happy for her.. and you!
YAY!!! That's so exciting! I'm so excited for both of you!!! :)
Post a Comment