Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Long time, no blog

I know, I have been a huge slacker. We are all doing great, but I just haven't felt like blogging. Be prepared for a long post. Here are some random pictures of what we have been up to lately.
Avery is now 18 months old. She makes me laugh every single day. She is Hilarious and Exhausting. She has so much energy and goes all day long. She has said her first sentance. She usually says it first thing in the morning. It is "go bye-bye?" She loves to go. She says lots of words. Some of the newer ones are "choo" which means you as in thank you. She says it every time you give her something. She is always copying what we do. She loves to help Mommy, and also loves to dump the dog food each day. She loves balloons, and has to have one whenever she sees them. I think I buy one at least once a week. She loves being outside and "playing" with Sam. She combs his hair and always tells him "no" if he is doing something she doesn't think is right. She also loves to eat at the table like a big girl.
She also loves shoes. She will always put on others shoes no matter whos they are. She has good fashion sense as wel,l as you can see. I was at one of McCall's Bridal showers, Avery went upstairs and got shoes from the little girls closet.
Here is Avery swimming in Park City. She is slowy starting to like it. Aunt Sue even dunked her and she didn't even cry. We also went swimming yesterday, and she loved sitting in the shallow end and laughed and waved at all the kids.

Avery was cold and tired after swimming. Grandma is snuggling with her and feeding fruit snackes. It is a rough life. :)


Another exciting thing that we have done recently. Aaron has been training really hard for the Dino-Tri triatholon. It was up in Vernal Utah. Avery and I had to get up at 2:30 am to make it there on time. But we just barely missed the last bus. Avery did so good for the 3-4 hour drive. Here is the tired girl in her jammies waiting to cheer Daddy on.


Avery and Grandpa sitting on the curb.


Here is Aaron doing the Bike ride. He said it was really hard with lots of hills. The event organizer told Aaron that it is one of the hardest courses.


Here is Aaron running. It was amazing. After a 1 mile swim and a 25 mile bike ride, he had all of the energy in the world. He even looked like he was having fun. Running was by far his best event. He has always done well with running.


He even had enough energy to sprint the last leg.



By this time Avery was sound asleep in my arms. She was so good, but so tired. Aaron did great. He even got first place in his age group which was exciting.



This was when we first discovered Avery's love for balloons. We bought her one before the trip home and it entertained her for at least an hour.
Otherwise we have just been busy enjoying summer. Lots of BBQs and swimming. We had a fun 4th. We went to the Kaysville Parade. Avery loved it. Grandma Waddoups had her out in front with all the kids and got her all kinds of goodies. There were oxen in the parade in which Avery called them "doggies". She loved the Fireworks and didn't get scared at the loud noises. Cousin Hillary is home from her Mission. We are so excited to see her. I also got a promotion at work. I am the Clinical Nurse Educator for the Cardiac Cath Lab. And I also spilled half a carton of Soy milk in my car. Yummy! But things are going great. We love summer, we love all of the frest fruit and corn on the cobb. Hopefully I won't be such a slacker again.









4 comments:

Darrik, Kami & Brock said...

What a fun summer! That's way cool Aaron got 1st in his age group. Go Aaron! Avery is such a little cutie. We need to get our kids together real soon. I miss you!

Leslie said...

Glad to see you're back! Looks like you've been having lots of fun!!! :)

Matt and Kathryn said...

I am glad you finally blogged again!! ha ha All of the pictures of Avery are so cute! She is a doll! And Aaron is a superhero! Seriously! I only did a Sprint Triathlon and I thought that was hard-ish... Tell him I am way proud of him and maybe one day I can do a full Tri with him! It was good to see you guys this last week!! Hope you are doing good!

Heidi said...

Yay!!! So glad you blogged!! As always I love all the pictures! My favorites are the one in the pool, when she is super tired with her little pigtails, and her and grandpa on the curb. SO CUTE!! Is it so fun taking her swimming? I am so looking forward to taking Courtney swimming!! I can't wait!!

Glad you are having such an awesome summer!! And way to go Aaron!!!!!