Sunday, June 27, 2010

Halle is 5 months old and other things

I can't believe my baby is already 5 months old. We love her so much! She is such a fun baby.

She is teething and has cut her first tooth. You wouldn't know it except for the actual tooth and the gallons of drool. Plus everything now goes to her mouth.

Sorry Picture overload, but isn't she so cute! She is always so happy and easy going! She loves to play and is always kicking her legs really fast. She also loves to talk, watch her big sister and be where ever the family is. She has also started rolling over more. She will quickly move from her tummy to her back, but will usually only turn to her side from her back, most often to get better access to her toes.

As you can see, she loves her toes. She just discovered them and thinks they are the greatest.

We also tried rice cereal for the first time. Avery really struggled with it, so I waited until 5 months to introduce. I think I had it to runny. Halle spit most of it out. Avery thought it was hilarious, and so Halle was more interested in her sister who was laughing so hard. She loves Avery and watches her all the time.

We have been doing some fun things lately. We have been enjoying Cherry Hill at least weekly. Avery and I read a book about rainbows. I than made Avery her own ribbon rainbow that she loves to dance with. Halle loves to chew on it.

We then painted with water colors. Avery loves to do anything with arts and crafts. I am thinking possibly a Art party for her 3rd birthday, but we will see. The watercolors kept her entertained for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

This is her painting rainbows.

Once the poster board was full she moved onto her face.

She used the entire thing of watercolors. FYI washable water colors don't come out of clothing.
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5487662965430551746" />
Another day we did worm painting. Avery loved it. You dip yarn in watered down paint and use the yarn to paint. I read this idea in a book and thought it would be fun to try.


To clean up we played with her beach ball sprinkler.

Avery after all of the fun. Brock wasn't too interested in painting and preferred to play in the sandbox. He liked the ball until I turned on the water, I think it was a little to cold.


Avery also loves playing in the sandbox. She is still a girly girl and wants to wear a "pretty dress" each day, but she still knows how to get dirty. We have also been reading a lot of books about bugs lately. She then thinks it is fun to role play and pretend to be different bugs. I even bought her a cheap pair of butteryfly wings to add to our dress up bugs. I did have to discourage her from eating ants the other day. She is learning to ride her bike and saying her own prayers. As I was putting her to bed tonight we were reading scriptures and looking at a scripture picture book. She was pointing at Nephi and I was telling her who it was and that he was praying and why. She than commented that Nephi was wearing a pretty dress. She is so funny. We are all doing well. I have finally finished painting a entertainment center, I will post pictures soon, we just need to finishing putting the cupboard doors on and I need to decide what knobs I want. Have a good night!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You always take the cutest pictures! I love them all :)! I love Avery's comment about Nephi's pretty dress, ha ha :). Cute cute girls you have!