Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

First of all, how do you like my background. About a month ago, I decided that I should probably take down my picture and background from feb 2009. But I didn't have time to create a new one just yet so I used one of the free ones out there. But it made it hard for several people to view my blog. I will eventually get to it. We have been so busy with life. Work for me is crazy. We have record numbers and tons of overtime which I don't enjoy. So my days off are spent having fun with my girls and cleaning (which never seems to stay that way) Anyone else have this problem?

Some things that we have been up too, are Ute Football games, Austin Basketball games, enjoying the last of the decent weather (which is now gone), the flue, Aaron getting Knee Surgery and Halloween.

Last Friday we went to the Ward Chili cook-off and Halloween party were they had a trunk or treat. The girls had a blast. Then on Tuesday, Aaron had his Medial Meniscus repaired. He is doing great. This past Friday, we went to McCall's work to do a trick or treat around her office and share lunch with her. IT was so fun. There were a couple of her coworkers that were dressed pretty scary, but Avery didn't mind as long as they had candy. I could never get her to say Trick or Treat, but she knew exactly what to do and would always say thank you.

On Halloween we went to the Neighbors for some Soup before trick or treating.

The Girls were Belle and Snow White. When we went to Disney Land in the summer we let Avery pic out her dress. I than found Halle's at walmart. It is made for a Toddler, but I think is supposed to be above the knee.


As you can tell, Halle was not a big fan of her costume.


It was so cold trick or treating. It was raining, and Avery kept tripping on her dress. But she was so Happy just being outside and walking around with her friends. We only went to a few houses.



I actually got into a crafting mood before Halloween. Avery, Halle, My Mom, McCall and I went to Gardner Mill for Girls night the Saturday of conference. They had so many cute things, which I would think to myself "I can make that". So for once, I came home and did it. My Sister bought a table runner for my Mom for my birthday. It was so cute, so I just copied it. I think it would be fun to do a Thanksgiving one, Christmas one and one for every day use. It was pretty easy.


This pillow was a little more time consuming. It took me about 2 hours to attach the sequin trim to the fabric. I started out by first cutting the fabric to the size I needed. I than drew a spider web with a fabric marker. I then attached the sequin trim using liquid stitch. It took some time, but I did it for around $6 (I already had the pillow form) instead of the $40 pillow at Gardner mill.


I have been working on reupholstering a chair for awhile now. I got all of the old fabric pulled off, and was ready to attach the new fabric when I decided that it was a lot of work and didn't want to do the couch. So change of plan, I need to find fabric that matches a plum couch. I did find a chair that matched perfectly, looked forever for fabric like it, couldn't find it and so I ended up buying the chair. I still plan on doing one chair. Probably a mustard yellow, orange or green to coordinate with plum. But we will see. I have Christmas things to start working on, 2 birthdays, and lots of scrapbooking to get caught up on. I hope to update our blog more often, so when I finally get around to scrapbooking, I can actually remember things.

Halle is now 9 months old. My Mom took her and Avery in to get their pictures taken, so I will post those as soon as I get them. I don't have any stats yet. Her appointment is tomorrow. I am a little concerned because she is not crawling or even scooting yet, nor does she say anything. I know that every baby moves at their own speed, but you always worry that you are not doing enough or what you should. She is a happy baby most of the time. She is a big time Mommy's girl, and will usually cry when someone else has her. She loves to play with her sister, laughs at the funniest things, and is always growling. Lately when I get both her and Avery in the car, they will look at each other, smile and laugh. It totally melts my heart. She loves cheerios and any table food that she can get. She hates getting her hair done, but unfortunately has to get done frequently because it is so long. She hates going to bed, but is a good sleeper. She loves Sam. She rolls around everywhere. We love her lots.

Some things about Avery. She says the funniest things lately. Like "peace out". She loves to play with her princesses and dolls, and wants to wear a pretty dress all day. She is very independent and has to do everything by herself. She says that she wants every toy on TV, and whenever we talk about Trick or Treating she would reply "That is what Dora Said" She is very imaginative and is always pretending. She eats a ton! and is always "Hungy" She loves to go shopping, play with her friends and watch a movie. I love how she asks for water. "I wana drink of Waaaaaaaater". She is very smart, loves books, can count to 1-5, and can actually write H, A, & I.

We love our girls!

4 comments:

Jami said...

Could you please give me some of your creativity?! Your girls look adorable. We need to get together!

The Davis' said...

Halle is so beautiful!! Lucky girl you are! Nice Halloween decor, you are so creative!

Valarie said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures and info. The girls are so cute! I love your Halloween crafts. You are so talented and ambitious! Hope Aaron is continuing to do better.

Molly and Jason said...

I just found your blog. Your family is so cute. I feel so lucky to be blessed with such great neighbors!