Tuesday, July 19, 2011

This is the Place Park

Yesterday we went with some friends to This is the Place Park. We have never been before, and we loved it. I had been wanting to teach the girls about the Pioneers with the 24th coming up. We had gotten some books from the Library, had a family night and had been talking about them. This was absolutely perfect! I want to go there every year at this time. We got to do so much and there was still some that we didn't get to see. The day was perfect, cloudy and not too hot and it wasn't very crowded.

We got to go in several houses and learn about the different chores that they did. There is so much that we take for granted. When you ask Avery what her favorite part was, she said it was washing the clothes. She was really adventurous and wanted to try everything.

We got to play some pioneer games. This is where you race the hoop making it move with the stick. It was actually pretty hard. We also got to do some crafts.

The girls both loved riding the pony. I didn't think Halle would but she did. Our pony's name was Lucky.

If Halle could tell you what her favorite part was, I would bet it would be the animals. She loves animals. They had a huge corral that you could go in with lots of different animals just wondering around. Halle always managed to pet their bums.



All the kids were excited for the train and kept asking when they would get to ride it.

We rode the train up to the Indian Village and ate our lunch on a beautiful hill with a great view.

We then panned for gold, which was my least favorite part even though the kids enjoyed it. White was not a good idea and I was one of those Mom's nagging not to sit in the mud. Oh well.


After we went and made really neat Arrow Head necklesses. I was just going to make one for Avery, but Halle really wanted one too. Than we got to see where the Indians lived. Avery refered to the TeePee as a "PeePee".

Afterwards we had some Ice Cream for a treat.

We had so much fun and learned a lot!

Later that night the girls where being silly. Halle got into the clean laundry and insisted on wearing a pair of Avery's panties. It is so fun watching them play together.

2 comments:

Caprice Erickson said...

You are such a cute momma! You are always doing such fun things with your adorable girls! K so, that pic of Avery I am dying with her on that hill it totally looks like a modern "Sound of Music" photo I am loving it!!! Hope to see you soon at mc's shower hopefully like september!!

Michelle said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I need to take my little boys their sometime, I've never taken them. Looks like you guys are having a fun summer. So many cute posts and pictures. Your little girls are adorable :)!