Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Flaming Gorge Camping Trip

We had been wanting to go camping all summer and we finally did. We went the last weekend in August with our good friends and neighbors the Sants. We went to Flaming Gorge and stayed at Clearwater Creek Campground. August is the perfect time to
go to Flaming Gorge. It was beautiful. We did have some rain, but overall the weather was great.

We did lots of boating. The first time we went with the girls they weren't huge fans. But now they love it!


I find that I always hum to myself when riding in the boat. Avery is the same way. Often we would look at her and she would be in her own little world, singing and dancing while the wind blows her hair. It was so cute.


The water was pretty for Flaming Gorge but still cold. We got glass every single day, it was the best skiing I have had for a long time. Surprisingly, Halle wanted to get in the water and loved swimming with us. I didn't bother putting on a swim diaper since she wouldn't be out there very long and would be back in the boat so we got to see her cute bum.


We even did some fishing. It had been years since Aaron and I had fished. Avery enjoyed it and Halle would fight to get to the fish when we caught them. She loves animals.


Doesn't he look awesome. 30 years old and trying to do a 360.

What would Flaming Gorge be without some cliff jumping and rope swing.



Aaron and I had a tube fight, he tried but he never threw me off.

Halle enjoys tubing, but Avery doesn't. Earlier in the Summer we went to Deer Creek with the Sants. We bribed the kids to ride the tube and Avery kept saying no, then out of the blue she said she would.

The kids also loved the campground. There were lots of things to explore and they even saw several bunnies. This is a picture of Halle hiding behind a tree. After that she would follow Brady around saying "no brady". I have no idea what for.

When Aaron and Jason went fishing Saturday Morning, Molly and I and the Kids did some camp crafts. The kids each got to pick out a rock, paint it and add some fun Goggly eyes to make rock pets.


We went on Bear hunts, bug hunts, made Nature bracelets, Balloon animals and played with some fun rockets I picked up at the Dollar spot in Target. I love the Dollar spot.

We enjoyed all of the usual camping activities. I had forgotten how much I loved smores. We also made Mountain Berry pies which were delicious. I love Hot dogs roasted over the fire and we got to use our dutch ovens. We tried something new. We put the cast iron skillet directly over the coals and grilled some steaks.


The kids were really good. The toughest part was getting them to sleep. Fortunetly they napped on the boat. Avery did well with the portapotties. She still had to wear dressed, but we improvised some. Halle would fall sometimes because the ground was a little uneven. We also enjoyed playing cards after the kids went to bed. We had a great time and hope to do this every year.

No comments: