Thursday, October 15, 2009

Avery at 21 months

Avery is now 21 months old. She is so big. Each day I am amazed at how quickly she learns. She is so funny and is always making us laugh. Some of her favorite things at 21 months. She loves to go outside or "side" as she calls it. She loves to color, dance and play with her babies. She is such a good little Mama. She is very happy most of the time, and now hates vegetables. I can usually only get her to eat peas or green beans. She has been tolerating milk and eggs great. We have also started learning our letters. I was so impressed when she picked up the letter A really fast. Everywhere we would go, she would call out when she saw a letter A. For an activity one day, I gave her a bunch of ABC magnets and a cookie sheet to play with. She called every letter A, so I guess we still have some work to do. It is fun to help her to learn. She is also learning to sing, and has some favorite songs. She loves to be tickled to. She can pretty much say any word we tell her too. She is always telling her Daddy "see ya" as she pushes her baby stroller with her purse over her stroller, and she is convinced that a wood bird that I have on my shelf in my kitchen is "sad". Below is a picture I took of her on Monday for her 21 months. I had the hardest time getting her to look at me and the camara. When we usually try to video her or take her picture, she just wants to see what we are doing. Recently, we took the front of her crip off. I wanted to give her plenty of time to warm up to her big girl bed before the baby comes. She loves her new bed. She has done really well too, I have been surprised. She has yet to fall off, or gotten up during the middle of the night or nap time. She thinks it is the greatest thing to get up by herself in the morning. She still gets so excited to climb into her big girl bed. I usually close her door during nap time because she wakes up easily. I had planned on opening the door before she woke up, but didn't do it in time. I would have thought that she would cry, but no, she just knocked on the door until I came to get her. So that is what she does now. The picture below is her "helping" daddy take the front of her crib off.
This is my Project for this week. I had my old Green rod iron twin bed frame. I have been painting it white. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, but I am almost done. I am hoping to put her in it around Thanksgiving. I am happy to say that all of her bedding that I ordered is now here. I will post some pictures of her New room when I am done.


This was one of last weeks projects. I ended up making this hate 3 times. The pattern for her age was way to small, I tried to adjust it, and ended up just making the next size up. I thought it turned out cute, and it matches her coat and snowsuit perfectly. I did finish my other project, but I can't show you.



I think next week I will take a break from projects and most likely just scrapbook. Well have a nice day!


2 comments:

Jami said...

Chels! That hat is so adorable (and so is Avery)! I want to get the pattern!

Michelle said...

Avery is seriously such a cute little girl! I love her curly hair! That's good she's doing well in her big girl bed. And the bed frame and hat look great! You're so crafty :)!