Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What we have been up to

2 weeks ago, Avery went and spent the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa Waddoups. You would think that Aaron and I would have something really fun planned. Well we did. We did yard work almost all weekend long. To say I let the yard go this summer was a understatement. But it now looks awesome. We pulled all of the weeds, cut down all the perennials and hedges, and tilled in Treflon. Lets just hope that it will stay cooler so more weeds won't grow before snowfall. We had a total of 17 garbage bags. Amazing huh? I slept so good that weekend.
Also, I have made some goals. I have craft ADD. There are many things that I would like to make, I get started, but have a hard time finishing. So I decided that I would do one thing a week and mix it up so I don't get burnt out. Last weeks craft was a Felt Nativity Doll set. I bought this pattern off of Etsy at the beginning of the year. I thought it would be fun to pull out every December for Avery and the little one to play with and also understand the reason we celebrate Christmas. It was a fun project, but a little more work than I had planned on. Each doll took me about an hour. They were detailed, tiny and required quite a bit of hand stitching. It took me Monday and Tuesday's nap time and also some late nights.







I saw a tutorial awhile back for a Fabric Dollhouse. Wouldn't it be cute to do one as a stable to store the dolls in. If you like this idea, but don't want to do this much work. I also bought a 8 x 10 or so felt board with a stable on it, with all of the felt nativity at Deseret Book for $6.50.
I have two Crafts for this week. One I can't show you, because it is a Christmas Gift, but here is the Fabric that I used. I am happy to say that I am almost done, and will most likely finish it tonight. Cute fabric huh?

The other project is a Crochet Beanie and attached flower for Avery to match her winter coat and snow pants. I am also almost done with this one. I would have been finished, but it didn't quite fit her so I had to go back and make it bigger. I know she is like 70% for her head circumference, but the pattern said it was good for 24 m - 5t. I will get a picture when I am completely done. Next week I am going to take a break from sewing and most likely paint Avery's big girl bed. I will post some before and after with details next week.

Last but not least. I have been trying to do one really fun thing with Avery each week on my days off. I feel bad, because I felt so lousy the 1st trimester that we didn't do much this summer. Yesterday we went to the Treehouse Children's Museum. It was a blast, I loved it, and so did Avery. There was so much to do. She loved the music and dancing, watching the other kids, exploring, and coloring. She was a little grumpy but it was still fun. I think we are going to get a year membership so that we can go to toddler time each Monday. We went with Val and her cute kids. A funny story, Avery loves pushing buttons now. Well she pushed the the emergency call button, and actually contacted the fire department. I am sure that it happens a lot, but it was still embarrassing. I didn't get very many pictures. I was too busy chasing Avery. She loves to run now!




Also, I am so excited. I have been looking for bedding for Avery's Big Girl bed for a couple of months now. I haven't been able to find anything that I loved, and was worried that I would have to make something. I like to sew, but it takes awhile, I stress over fabric, and usually ends up costing the same as if I bought it. Well I finally found some that I love, and it matches perfectly. I haven't received all of it yet, but I will post some pictures of her finished room in a month or so. Well have a good night.





5 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, looks like you guys got a ton of yard work done! 17 bags!?... You are so crafty, good for you :). Your felt nativity set is way cute! It was fun seeing you at the Treehouse Museum! I'm excited that you'll probably be getting a pass. Avery is sooo cute!

Matt and Kathryn said...

You guys rock!! You and Aaron are awesome! Avery is so freakin cute and I love the hat she is wearing!! Your family is so cute! I hope you are feeling good! January is going to be here sooo soon! :)

Valarie said...

You are so ambitious! I can't believe all the cute things you do. That nativity set is amazing!

Do you know how to make scarves? It seems they are the craze now. How about teaching me?

jill said...

That felt nativity is great, nice work!

Heidi said...

You are awesome Chelsea!! I bet your yard looks great and that little nativity set is darling!! I don't know where you get all your energy to do all these cute crafts!