Monday, March 22, 2010

snow, warm weather & Halle is 2 months old

Halle is now 2 months old. I can't believe how fast time goes. She is so much fun and is so happy now. I love to see her smile. She sleeps through the night and is awake a lot during the day. She loves to eat and be held and just watches what is going on around her. She is now 10lbs 14 ounces and is 23 inches long. She is very healthy but a little unhappy today since she just got her shots. I just love to kiss her cheeks and put baby lotion on several times a day just so I can smell her. She is cooing and talking quite a bit, but hasn't giggled yet. She hates the bottle but will luckily take it from everyone but mom. Avery is growing and learning so much each day. She is very opinionated and so funny! We have been working on potty training. She does pretty well, but also doesn't care if she has an accident because Mommy will fix it. We also just got rid of the binky. Some funny things that she does is Nurse her baby, tell us to "have fun" at bedtime or whenever one of us is leaving, she loves to dance and sing and is enjoying Mommy and me tumbling, when I spilled the other day, she told me that I needed a bib, she puts her hands on each side of Halle's face and asks her to talk, she is a very loving sister and a big help (almost too much), she tells us each day that "avery is awesome, avery is the best", loves reading and coloring and loves shoes. She also tells us that she is a princess and then goes on to list her whole family as princesses. Including Daddy and sam the dog. Honestly I have at least one funny story to tell Aaron each day!

A couple of weeks ago, we got several inches of snow. I loved it even though I am looking forward to summer. Avery and I haven't gotten a chance to play in the snow yet this winter. She loved it! she loved to eat and throw it. I also took her for a ride on the sled. That was a workout!



My cute girls!



We have been loving the warm weather. We go outside almost every day! Avery loves to go on walks, push her baby stroller and go to the park. We went and fed the ducks too, I love how Avery throws the whole piece of bread at the ducks. The ducks weren't very hungrey, the must be very well fed. Avery now will go down the slide by herself. Halle loves to be outside too, but usually falls asleep.


We went down to my parents last night for dinner and games. We had fun as always. Here are the pics from the dunk contest. Just FYI, the girls won canasta.



Avery loves to play outside. I forgot her jacket so this is what my Mom rigged up. I thought she looked like karate kid.


She got a hold of some chocolate. Like mother like daughter.



We are all doing great! I can't believe I only have 2 more weeks off. I have enjoyed being home each day. I have been working on some projects, but I will not tell, because if they don't work out I just want to forget about them. We hope that you are all doing well. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Darling pictures as always!! And I love that you are already playing outside. I am so excited for the warm weather and to play outside with Courtney.

Craig and Sharelle said...

Love the post! Thanks for the update. If I could get my act together I might post something on our blog! Avery and Halle are so cute. Are Halle's eyes dark?

Yea for girls winning canasta! Valarie and I also won when they came to visit... just sayin' :)

Valarie said...

Yay, girls! We'll have to have a game soon to see if we can keep the winning streak going!

It was fun to see you Monday. Avery and Halle were so cute!