Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Eve Bowling with the Waddoups Family

After spending some time with the Rich Family we headed down to my family's home. We used to always go to a movie on Christmas Eve but that tradition has gotten harder to do since we have kids. We don't always like the same movies. So Last year we started a new tradition. Bowling. We all love bowling! I am not very good but definetly improved on my second game. Jason is a really good bowler and everyone else did great too. Austin even got a Turkey. Avery loves to bowl!






She makes those bowling shoes look good! :)


I love this picture. Halle was so happy just to be held and passed around she also got to walk so she was in Heaven. She did great considering she had to wake up early, and only got about a 30 minute nap.



After Bowling, we went back to my parents house and ordered take out from Chilis. We then opened presents. Of course we were spoiled. We are very blessed to have wonderful family! Both the Rich and the Waddoups. I love the tradition of getting Food storage from my Parents for Christmas. We had a lot of fun watching the girls open their presents. Halle was more interested in the paper. We were especially excited to see Avery open her Rapunzel barbie. She had been talking about getting one for Christmas for over a month. McCall and Jason were kind enough to get her one. But it was a little disapointing at first. But after I started opening the box she started jumping up and down and played with it the rest of the night. Jason and McCall also gave her a Dora Mermaid. She was so excited to try it out. McCall went and filled the bath tub so they could try it out, when she turned around, Avery was stripping down getting ready to get in the bath tub with Dora.

Halle got a fun table from my parents. She loves to stand up, so she really enjoys standing at the Table to play.



(Notice those Gray shoes that Austin has on in the Background, they are Jordan Retro 11s. Austin was so excited to get them so him and McCall camped out all night at Fashion Place the day before they came out and as a back up my Mom and I camped out in Layton. Strangely it was fun! Austin was so excited and assured us that if there was anything that we wanted to wait in line for over night, he would be there.

Here is the girls in their matching Christmas Jammies. You can't see in the pictures, but they have ruffles on the bum. Love it!
Avery continued to play that night, but we put Halle down to bed. The adults than played Dance Dance Revolution. Well McCall, my mom and I played while the boys watched. All I can say is what a workout. My mom video recorded it. I am sure that I will regret that later :)

We than came home, set out cookies for Santa and got ready for the night.



On a side note, I ordered the little people nativity and I was so excited that it came before Christmas. It normally sales for $45, I got it for $27 and that included tax and shipping. Avery loved playing with it and was so cute with Baby Jesus. Halle loved eating it. I can see many fun Christmas memories in our future with this Nativity. I am so glad that I got it.

No comments: