Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A new favorite find!

If you didn't already know, I love digital scrapbooking. I have been trying to practice that and photography. I am amazed how much there is to learn and the amazing things that people can do. I am thankful for the Internet, I have learned many things from just typing it in to google. I have been frustrated lately because I love all of the photo effects that you can buy. But they are always for a program that I don't have. I use PSE 6. After 9 months of scrapping I feel like I am just barely scraping the surface of the possibilities. I am not ready both skill wise and financially wise to purchase another program. I just discovered the virtual photo editor. It is a free program that you can find here http://www.optikvervelabs.com/. Don't ask me how I installed it, I just played around. But this is what I did in just a couple of seconds and there are lots of other options. Imagine the possibilities!

Before, it is a cute picture, and I never thought anything bad about it until I edited it.



After!





I love how the colors are much more vibrant. It makes the original look blah! And this was just a basic edit, there are so many options. I am so excited!!!!!

If any of you reading, have any photo/scrapbooking tips for me, I would love to hear them.

Here are some of my latest scrapbook layouts. If you can't tell I kind of have a thing for layering mattes.

This was created using the Autumn Time kit from my cute friend Leslie at GG digital Designs.


This is a scraplift from Santa 2007 by peamissy at GG digital designs. Most everything is from SMJ Birthday kit.

Have a good day!

Chelsea

2 comments:

Positively Creative! said...

Ok so I have been stalking awhile and I am excited to learn this new technique you have found...thanks for sharing! I too have a love or really a desire to learn more about photography and with my crazy life try to find time to learn...so I don't have any tips..sorry! I'll let you know when I do though.lol!

The Parks' said...

What an adorable blog! I love ALL your pictures! You look so crafty and what a beautiful family you have!
-Marie