Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patricks Day!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

We have had a very fun day. I had to work and the girls went to Mrs. Tynna's. Which they always love to do. First off, my Decor. I don't have much. I love the blog Eight 25! For the past couple of holidays, they made Subway art printables for free. I printed the Christmas one on canvas but wanted to do something cheaper for the rest. I found this frame at Walmart and spray painted it white. I hope to put each Holiday one in there.

I also covered a wooden R with moss, inspired by these from Pottery Barn. I thought it would be cute for St. Patricks day and for Spring.


I made lots of little green footprints with my hand and taped them to the ground going up our porch, into our kitchen, up our oven and fridge. They lead us to the surprise on the counter, a green dinner in the oven and green milk in the fridge.


Here is Avery following the footprints. Her first comment was "look Mommy there is paint on the ground". She enjoyed following them to all of our surprises and Halle enjoyed ripping the up. When Avery discovered the milk, she wanted to call Daddy right away and let him know what the Lephurcans did to his milk.





The Girls were so excited by the Fruit Rainbow and chowed it down. They left hardly anything for Aaron and I. They really liked the blueberries and kiwi.



After eating our green dinner (breakfast casserole). We did some finger painting. I did a little activity with Avery. I drew a rainbow, and had avery put the right colors in the right areas. She did pretty good.


I decided to let Halle finger paint to. She loved it! I think she loved standing at the table and stepping with her sqeaky shoes.





On a different note, tomorrow is Old Navy and Gap friends and family entire purchase 30% off. I hoping to get some good deals. You know the song "If I had a million dollars", well if I did I would totally love to buy these clothes from JCrew Kid's line. I had no idea they even had a kids line. I love them, but totally would not pay that much for them. There are some that if you got the right starter pieces, you could make something like them. I might have to give it a try. Don't you just love that fancy white dress, I would love for that to be a baptism dress. I will just have to start saving for it now.



Have a good day!

5 comments:

Jason and McCall Erickson said...

I want to come to your house for St Patricks day!! Looks like your girls had fun! Did Halle eat the paint?!

Valarie said...

What clever ideas! St. Pat's Day is a real adventure at your house!

Heidi said...

You are brave letting your little girls finger paint! I would be too stressed about the mess.

Brooke Woodall said...

Super cute! You are the cutest girl ever!

Side note- as I was reading this, Olivia jumped up on my lap and said, "I want to play with those girls!!" So we really do need to plan a play date one of these days. :)

The Davis' said...

I LOVE Jcrew and would be so tempted to buy their kids line. Those clothes are adorable. But you are seriously the cutest mom ever! Seriously a fruit rainbow and homemade decor. I look up to you.