Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Avery is 3

I can't believe Avery is 3. How did she get so big, so fast? How did she go from this: (2 months)


To this: (21 months)


To this:


We love Avery so much! She is so smart and kind. I love her little voice and the songs that she sings all day every day. I love how independant she is, and will get her own drink, cereal and apples. (not always a great thing) She loves anything princess, wears a princess dress almost every day and is always carrying her princess dolls around. She loves to be girly. Usually she only wants to wear a skirt and tells me that only boys wear pants. She loves to have her hair done, fingernails painted, and is always washing her face and brushing her teeth. When it is quiet, it usually means that she is in my make-up. Each morning she excitedly asks what she is going to be wearing.


She is such a sweetheart. She is a wonderful big sister and shares so well. She is always telling me that I'm beautiful, she loves me and that she is my "hun". She also has a sassy/naughty side. She sometimes replies "you do it" when I ask her to do something. The other day I was cleaning her room and she was messing it up as fast as I could clean. When I got after her, she replied "Don't you talk to me like that".

She loves to play with friends, and is always talking about wearing a white dress and getting married in the temple to a prince.


Lately she has been afraid of the dark. She won't take naps and has to sleep with the hall light on. We will usually turn it off when we go to bed, and sometimes she will wake up in the middle of the night and yell at us.

Today she told me that she had an Idea. She said that we should go to Chucky Cheese, play games and win tickets.



She loves to read books and has to always be the one to say the prayer. She wakes up at 6:30 in the morning and informs us that the sun is up. She always lets us know when Halle is awake, but I think that she acutally wakes her up first. She loves to help me with almost anything. She loves baths, barbies and being with family. She knows her letters and them numbers 1-8 except she usually skips 4. She is also starting to understand how to count. She loves to play with plato, color and make messes. I was teaching her how to use sissors the other day. I was already worried that she would decide to cut her hair like Rapunzel, so I had warned her several times not to cut her hair. When I turned my back to stir dinner, and turn back around, she was cutting her shirt. Silly Girl.



Happy Birthday Avery ! We love you lots and are so grateful that you are apart of our family!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I've been so behind on the blogging thing. You have so many cute posts and pictures!!! Your little girls are absolutely adorable!! I love your family picture at the top of your blog! And I love Avery's birthday post, what darling pictures!! What a cute family you have :)!